Wynyard is an excellent place to bring your pets along, particularly dogs, as we are in walking distance to dog friendly beached both on and off the leash. We have lots of riverside walking tracks, and the motel itself is situated on a large piece of land suitable for a quick stroll or two. I’ll hand over to Mollie our resident canine relations manager to go through a few housekeeping rules for our furry guests:
Pets Friendly Policy
We have designated a special “paws suite” that is close to the beach and walking areas, and will eventually have a special outdoor fenced area for your pet to feel free to wander. We welcome your pooch or moggie to come and visit us with you at The Waterfront, but need both owners and pets to follow a few requests to ensure a happy stay:
- No more than two pets per room, as our rooms are not really geared up for too many more!
- All furry friends are to be well mannered and able to play quietly within the rooms, and not chase and annoy other guests.
- All furry friends must be “inside pets” that are well groomed, clean, flea free and house trained. If you have a call of nature outside, your owner should make arrangements to dispose of your deposit thoughtfully.
- Please be aware we will require credit card details on check in, to cover any additional cleaning or repairs that may result from your pets visit.
If your furry friends cannot settle in the rooms and cause disturbance to other guests, we will need alternative arrangements made to house them for the evening.
- Please do not leave your furry friends alone in the rooms. We are happy to have them come along for breakfast or dinner, as we have an alfresco dining area at the front of the restaurant and a secure garden area at the rear where your pet can also enjoy a meal.
- Please ensure your furry friends resist the temptation to jump on or chew the furniture- not a good look for a pet with poise!
- Please bring along your furry friends’ favourite bedding, towel, toys, dinner bowl and food.
If we can stick to a few simple housekeeping rules, then we can all have a great holiday together!